The Pupperton® brand and its authorized resellers (who display the appropriate sanctioned logo) only sell new products in original packaging. Products represented as used, refurbished, “as-is” or not in original packaging will not be covered by our warranty or given customer support.
We are committed to consumer satisfaction. To that end Pupperton cautions consumers from purchasing any product other than a product in original factory-sealed packaging.
LIFETIME Limited Pupperton Product Warranty
Minnesota Woodcraft, Inc. (“MN Woodcraft”) offers a lifetime limited warranty that the purchased Pupperton® brand pens, crates, gates and accessories will be free from defects in material and workmanship according to the following terms and conditions:
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS.
- PERIOD: This warranty covers a period beginning at the time of purchase and ending when the original purchaser divests him/herself of the product in any way (except when purchased as a gift - see 2.a below). A sales receipt will be required for all retail purchases not made through the Pupperton Web site store; please retain the sales receipt for the duration of the warranty for all purchases not made through the Pupperton.com website.
- ORIGINAL PURCHASER: The warranty applies to the original purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser:
- Except, at our discretion, we will transfer the warranty to a second owner in the event the product is purchased as a gift and we are notified via firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days. Include “Gift warranty transfer” in the Subject line, and include the name of the original purchaser, the new owner’s name, the new owner’s address, and the new owner's email address (required) in the body of your message; this correspondence must originate from original purchaser’s verifiable email address to be honored. Gift transfers after the initial 90 days will not be recognized and the warranty becomes void.
- The purchaser must supply the product serial number printed on the bottom of the front panel, a Pupperton order number, or the name of the original purchaser with each new service request to obtain warranty support so that we can internally identify the exact product sold.
- GEOGRAPHY: The warranty applies only if the product is purchased and used in the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, and Canadian provinces.
- SHIPPING: Not all damaged products/parts need to be returned to Pupperton for repair or replacement, but when return for repair or replacement is needed, the shipment must be pre-authorized by Pupperton and shipping arrangements agreed-to prior to return shipping. In most return -for-repair/replacement cases, Pupperton will pay shipping costs between the purchaser and factory when pre-authorized. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs related to non-pre-authorized returns. Returns must be sent to the Pupperton, 7200 Hudson Blvd. N., Suite 265, Oakdale, MN 55128.
- PROPER PRODUCT USE: Our pet products are designed as pet containment devices primarily for smaller domesticated pets (e.g. smaller-dogs weighing less than 30 pounds), and other small domestic pets whose natural daily activities and instincts do not typically include a destructive behavior toward wood or fabric-based objects; use of our hardwood products for any other purpose is not recommended and voids the warranty. If you are unsure whether our products are appropriate for your pet, please consult with your veterinarian, certified trainer, or contact us before you purchase and use any of our products.
- PRODUCT: The warranty provides for a reasonable number of free replacement parts that when used to replace damaged parts in the original product will return the product to its original working order and appearance. Example 1: dowels, special tools, and instructions indicating how to replace damaged dowels; damaged dowels do not need to be returned to MN Woodcraft. Example 2: Rail damage and other damage that is not dowel-related will possibly require return to MN Woodcraft for free repair. Example 3: Broken or notably cracked plastic shields and attached clips; return of these damaged parts may be requested. Contact Pupperton customer service to discuss warranty coverage details for any Pupperton item.
- EXTENT: At MN Woodcraft discretion and in agreement with the product owner, the entire product may be replaced depending on individual circumstances.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER.
- Custom products purchased as “unfinished/ready-to-be-finished/ready-for-finish” having bare wood or primer-only exposed and no factory-applied wood preserving top “finish” coat. This warranty exclusion applies specifically to all wooden product parts. This exclusion exists because we cannot control environmental exposure factors that adversely affect wood products when left untreated such as humidity, sunlight, and other natural conditions. Also, this exclusion applies even if the purchaser immediately finishes the product upon receiving it since we do not control the finishing process or materials used. This exclusion does not apply to the assembly workmanship of unfinished components (workmanship remains under full warranty regardless of whether the product is finished or not).
- MN Woodcraft will have no liability under this limited warranty for any damage to or defects in the products caused by:
- loss of product(s)
- failure, defect or damage caused by events and situations beyond normal residential exposure conditions, including, but not limited to:
- commercial use, misuse, abuse, neglect
- improper assembly (assembly not in accordance with published/provided instructions),
- use of non-Pupperton accessories or replacement parts,
- destructive impacts by foreign objects, people or animals (e.g., careless behavior resulting in accidental or intentional excessive-force impacts)
- acts of God, abnormal or improper use, improper storage, accident, alteration
- failure of the surface that the Pupperton product is placed upon (e.g. floor), discoloration or other damage caused by pollution, sunlight, other environmental conditions, mold, dirt, mildew, or exposure to harmful chemicals
- any other cause not involving manufacturing defects in the product
- Damage caused by shipping. We will initiate shipping damage claims against the shipper should your delivery arrive damaged. External package inspection prior to acceptance from the shipper is usualy required, and the package should be rejected if damage is evident. In any case, please notify us immediately of any shipping damage to help expedite claims.
MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
To obtain warranty service on aPupperton product, click here to contact us, or
- Visit the Pupperton web site to order free replair/replacement dowel kits (under the Accessories category) if the damage is limited to dowels only. This method is the easiest and simplest way to obtain free replacement dowels and does not require pre-authorization from Pupperton nor return of damaged dowels.
- Replacement or repair as provided under this limited warranty is the exclusive remedy of the consumer; see our Refund Policy prior to purchasing a product and when considering returning a product for a refund.
- This limited warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties. MN Woodcraft expressly disclaims and excludes all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. MN Woodcraft also disclaims and excludes all liability for incidental, consequential, punitive, direct, indirect, special or any other damages arising out of or connected with the purchase, use or misuse of this product or for the breach of any express or implied warranties or breach of contract or otherwise. Purchaser assumes all risks and liabilities from the use or misuse of this product. MN Woodcraft does not authorize any other person or agent to make any other express or implied warranties.
- MN Woodcraft will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury resulting from delay in delivery of replacement parts due to circumstances beyond MN Woodcraft control.
- Print and retain this warranty at the time of product purchase since it may change over time, and the printed version will be the honored version at the time of any needed claim.
- This limited warranty shall be governed by the law of the State of Minnesota, U.S.A., and by the laws of the United States of America, excluding their conflicts of laws principles. Furthermore, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby excluded in its entirety from application to this limited warranty. Jurisdiction and venue shall be exclusive to the courts of Scott County, Minnesota.